India Heritage Walk Festival brings you the Mukteswara Temple tour on 3rd Feb 2019, from 3 pm. All bookings for this special ‘anubhuti’ are powered by Odigos.
Mukteswara temple is one of the beautiful and important temples of Bhubaneshwar, which is dedicated to Lord Shiva who is considered as the most complex Lord amongst the Hindu Gods. Built in 10th century, the temple belongs to the Somavamshi Dynasty and is believed to be sculpted by Yayati I. It is one of the popular religious destinations because of its unique architecture which defines the “Kalinga Architecture”. The highlight of the temple is craved “Torana” an arched doorways with rich decoration that suggests the influence of Buddhism in Odisha.
Mr Nituranjan Dash will be your walk leader. He represents the Centre for Youth & Social Welfare, a non-governmental organisation. They are involved in various areas like youth leadership, human rights, environmental protection, social reformation, educational documentation, health awareness, upliftment of weaker sections and heritage conservation.
To know more about the walk, please visit the link of – Mukteswara Temple Tour.
- This will be a free guided tour and has been specially curated for visually impaired students.
- The meeting point will be Mukteswara Temple gate and time is 02:45 pm.
- Please carry water and wear comfortable shoes.
- Braille books containing more information will be provided to the participants.
- Contact Person Number: 9716716567, 7008754545 (Nituranjan)
Source: India Heritage Walk Festival