India Heritage Walk Festival brings you the Naubat Pahad tour on 24th Feb 2019, from 4:30 pm – 06:30 pm . All bookings for this walk are powered by Odigos.
Also known as the pearl city of India, Hyderabad is the capital of Telangana. Though it was originally a princely state until September 1948 when it was annexed into India. The city was founded in 1591 by Mohammed Quli Qutub Shah. With a rich cultural history and a present steeped in modernity, Hyderabad is a wonder for tourists. As many locals will tell you, it is the best city in the world.
The walk will take you to the Naubat Pahad along with the Kala Pahad which is a 300ft hillock located at the Hussain sagar Lake. It is houses the renowned Birla Temple dedicated to Lord Venkateshwara, Birla Planetarium and Birla Science centre.
To register please click on the link of – Naubat Pahad tour
Mr Ansaar Dewan will be your walk leader. He is an He is an independent researcher in experiential learning, communication design and interactive pedagogy and founder at Year Million Project – a think tank with a focus on building learner-driven educational solutions.
- This will be a free guided tour.
- The meeting point will be Shahi Masjid, Public Gardens (https://goo.gl/maps/o3M5pr6pp3P2) and time will be 04:15pm.
- Nearest Bus/ Metro Station is AG Office Bus Stop.
- Paid parking available nearby. Though public transport/cab is recommended. Since the availability can differ.
- Meeting point would be Shahi Masjid, Public Gardens.
- Photography is prohibited inside Birla Mandir.
- An entry fee of Rs.50 is to be borne by the participant for the Birla Museum or the Planetarium, in case of participants wish to visit these sites after the walk ends.
- Please carry water.
- Since we shall be visiting the temple, please dress accordingly and wear comfortable walking shoes.
Source: India Heritage Walk Festival